Saturday 6 February 2010

Would you like to come in for a cup of tea?

So I'm a coffee girl, I've never liked tea and I don't think I ever will! I do however, via my flat mate's obsession, know that it is a vital part of most people's lives.
Anyway, getting to the reason for the post.I'm applying for an advertising MA next year and so pay maybe a bit too much attention to adverts. It seems two new tea commercials have popped up on the scene. Both adverts have the underlying theme of sex. Surprise, surprise 'Sex sells', and to put it straight one is a hit whilst one is SHIT.


PG Tips - When Harry met Sally parody.



It's just embarrassing. Do we really want to see a monkey making such noises?


Yorkshire Tea - Couples advert.



I really like this one, its incorporating humour, the addiction of tea, the good old Yorkshire accent and challenging the old 'Want to come in for some coffee...?' Phrase.


What are your opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment