As the bank holiday weekend draws to a close I decided to cook something tasty for tea. After walking around Sainburys for a bit I decided on seafood risotto. I thought I'd share my recipe on here in case you want to try it....It definitely hit the spot.
150g Risotto Rice
100g of Seafood selection (prawns, mussels squid)
1 Stock cube (Chicken/Fish/Vegetable) to make around 600ml of stock
1/2 an Onion
1 green chili
1 clove of garlic
1 handful of garden peas
1 teaspoon of tomato puree
1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
dash of lemon juice
shake of Paprika
- Sweat the garlic and chili
- Add the chopped onion and brown
- Add the selection of seafood and dash of lemon juice, cook thoroughly
for around 5 minutes to ensure the seafood is cooked through. Take off the heat and put contents into a bowl to sit.
- Using the same pan to retain flavours, pour in the risotto rice and turn on the hob. Slowly add the stock and tomato puree and keep stirring.
- Add garden peas and wholegrain mustard
- Continue adding stock whilst the rice swells, in total it should take about 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked seafood and onions to the pan and make sure it's piping hot before serving.